Sunday, January 30, 2011

Characters of Jensen Falls

I figured since I'm going to be blogging about this doohickey, I should at the very least tell people about the characters. Because it seems like a good place to start. Alright, on to the peoples.


Jonah Barnes:

Runs around in a trenchcoat and fedora. Occasionally speaks like he's in a noir film. Has watched far too many episodes of the X files. Jonah's played by David, and may or may not have been based on him *cough*. It was kind of funny, actually. Whenever I write for Jonah, I get his voice in my head. He's terribly distinctive and I was sort of thinking that I'd ever be able to find someone who could do it properly. Then I let David read some of what I wrote out loud. He matched the voice perfectly. Every pitch change, every pause. It was eerie. So, Jonah is the main character. And despite being a total nerd, he's actually a good detective.

Rachel Montgomery:

Survived a car accident that resulted in the death of her parents. Musical prodigy. Where all of Jonah's common sense must have found a hiding place. I haven't found anyone to play Rachel, and that might be because she's so complicated. She's seen a lot of death, which has left her morbid and a little broken. But she manages to be practical and courageous, usually in time to save Jonah from something. I put this character through hell, but I think she's my second favorite.

Cole...... yeah, just Cole:

Cole is a vampire. And he acts like a vampire. Well, if your definition of acting like a vampire is being a smug jerk that even when he's helping manages to piss you off. Which for me it is. He's played by my boyfriend Bryan, and is sort of more his character than mine. Which is cool with me. Although it does mean I have to check every once in a while to make sure that Cole would actually say something.

Ruby:

Probably the most normal out of everyone. Perky in the face of adversity. Died in the same accident that took Rachel's parents. She's not played by anyone so far, but I was watching the new american version of Being Human, and that ghost is a lot like Ruby is. They stole my ghost from my brain, it's totally not fair. Ruby is often the voice of reason, especially when Rachel has one of her occasional meltdowns. I'm not sure why my most normal character is a ghost, but I'll totally go with it.

Genevieve Clyde:

The youngest character out of the cast. Leads a glee club that meets in the sewers. A little too nosy for her own good. Vaguely inspired by a girl in our theatre troupe. Genny's.... awesome. And complicated. And awesome. And I can't really say much else about her.

Ms. Williams:

Doubles as coroner and mortician. Is secretly a guardian of humanity. Way too overworked. She's played by a friend of mine named Lucy, when I realized that Ms. Williams was picking up some of her speech patterns. She's a side character, and often given the expositon. But don't mess with her, because she can seriously kick your ass.

The clerk:

He owns an occult book store. His twin runs the comic shop. That is all.

Bennett:

My favorite character. Too bad he's only in third season on and I barely finished the pilot. He's a werewolf. And a pretty nice guy. Until he decides he likes you, and then he goes all jerkface 'for your protection.' Yeah..... I love him anyway.

1 comment: