Monday, June 13, 2011

In which I get out of the basement

The police got me out of the basement only a few hours later. Apparently Lazarus called them when he didn't hear from Gabriel. I don't know if he admitted to planning it, but he gave them the address at least. They tried to get me to tell them what happened, but I didn't say anything. Eventually they just sent me home.

Except today an FBI agent came to my house. At first I didn't say anything to him either. But then he started talking about child abductions and fires and men in business suits. And then he told a completely different story about a hostage situation gone bad. Apparently, that was to be the story the press would be getting.

Naturally pictures of the bodies wouldn't be shown.

I started talking to him a bit after a while. Mostly details about the cover up. A little bit about other stuff. I told him that I was surprised he wasn't arresting me for the murders. I might have been a bit bitter about it. Then he said something that stuck with me for some reason.

"If you have to blame someone, blame him. I'm just damage control."

He left shortly after that.

2 comments:

  1. Fuck no! The feds are in on this!

    I mean WHAT! No! Oh god, but it makes so much sense!

    ReplyDelete