Friday, March 18, 2011

In which I have to step it up

So, I don't remember which one it was but in a previous blog post I mentioned that if five people were following I might actually care about what I was spewing out onto this blog. Well, that time has come. Five people are following me. Well, six technically. But David's following me twice. So it's really five.

Of course, I don't really have much to say. Well, that's slightly inaccurate. I have a lot of things to say. But whenever I sit in front of the computer, I wonder what exactly I should be typing? How much do my five viewers need to know?

This has gotten worse given that I was supposed to use this blog about Jensen Falls. And I'm still working on it, but with everything that's going on with Anya it just doesn't seem all that important.

She's not making it up, by the way. I thought she was for a while, and she said she saw the guy again yesterday. I haven't seen this mysterious tall guy, which makes part of my mind completely paranoid. But I am starting to believe that something weird is going on.

You see, today I took Anya and three of her friends to the Smithsonian museums. Well, the american history museum. We were going to go to others but spent so much time there that they were closing by the time we were ready to switch. The thing is, as we were heading out of Julia Childs' kitchen, I was just sort of looking around the crowd.

I saw that Charles guy.

And he wasn't just enjoying awesome history exhibits. He was being lurky, and trying to look inconspicuous. Which didn't seem to be working, but it did take me a few hours to notice him. He must be doing something right. So I didn't tell any of the kids, but sort of kept my eye on him. And he followed us. Not just him, though. Once I started looking for it, there were at least two other guys who were always in the same general area as us.

Now, I don't know. The police seemed to not think that Charles was a horrible guy, since they let him in while questioning Anya. Maybe he's a P.I. or something who is just really creepy and whose methods include stalking. But I don't like being followed, and I certainly don't like someone following a ten year old.

I feel like I somehow fell into a conspiracy. You would think it would be exciting. It's not.

3 comments:

  1. Well, if you're going to be involved in some sort of conspiracy, you picked the right city to live in.

    When my sister lived there a few years back, she would always talk about shadowy men in suits running around talking into their ear pieces. Normal shadowy MIB procedure that I'm sure you get used to after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, of course. I'm dealing with aliens. How didn't I notice this before? You're a genius, David. A total genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not necessarily, they could be over-paranoid secret service agents or Russian spies or renta-cops dressed up fancy to impress what-ever important big-wig they're protecting at the moment.

    Also, yes, aliens are a possibility.

    ReplyDelete