Tuesday, March 29, 2011

In which a stalker is cryptic

Anya went back to school today, which gave me a lot more free time but also a lot less money. And she's still one of the few people I know in D.C. I should really start trying to make friends. But anyway, her being at school means that I went job hunting some more. I ate lunch at the California Tortilla Factory. And from the corner of my eye, I saw Charles. Apparently he's following me now.

I admit, whenever I thought about confronting him, it was sort of like an action sequence. I'd address him, and then he'd start running and I'd have to chase him through the city or something. Ok, so maybe I watch too many films. I'm a huge fan of the dramatic. Which is probably why talking to him was pretty anticlimactic. I picked up my burrito, and sat down next to him. He looked up, and we had this convesation:

Charles: Is this the first time you've seen me?
Me: No. I've seen you a lot.
Charles: (curses a bit) I'm sorry.
Me: For following Anya and me, or getting caught?
Charles: Both I guess. I don't mean either of you harm.
Me: You're scaring Anya. So whether or not you mean harm, you're certainly causing it. If I see you again, I'm calling the cops.
Charles: Who do you think called me in the first place?(I didn't have much to say to that) Look, I would do this the standard way if I could, but any interaction with Anya could make things worse. Until we know that we can help her, we have to have as little contact as possible.
Me: We? (he doesn't answer) And what are you talking about?
Charles: I can't tell you. But I'm the good guy. Please just trust me on this.
(So this is paraphrased from a fifteen minute conversation. But I think I got the basic gist of it down)

Right, like I'm gonna trust a stalker. He left then, and I finished my burrito and left shortly afterwards. And I don't care what he said, I am calling the cops if I see him again.

Still, lots of questions. And he didn't really answer any, either. I want to hit him with a shovel.

Hard.

1 comment:

  1. I've got plenty of shovels and would be more than happy to pound him in the face with one!

    ReplyDelete